Friday, February 8, 2019

Seeds planted +

Today probably marks the official start of this new project.

I had ordered some grow bags on Amazon - got those today. Wanted to check out the sizes before deciding on the design of my ollas. Also bought some potting mix and planted some seeds in Jiffy pots - 4 each of the following (all Ferry  Morse):

Peppers: Jalapeno Mild, Grand Bell Mix
Tomato: Supersweet 100 VF Hybrid Pelleted, Red Cherry Large Fruited
Okra: Emerald
Pak Choy: Toy Choy

The intention is to get them in the grow bags with ollas as a proof of concept. The tomatoes are indeterminate so we'll see how large they end up. I got 10 gal bags for the tomatoes and 3 gal for the others.

I also have some Scorpion in some of the Oasis cubes I've had for years. The seeds have also been there for years so we will see.


No comments:

Post a Comment